Indians are big on festivals: the cheer, colour, sweets, gaiety, and merriment. But at a time when climate change and consequent problems have led to rising concerns about the environment, there is a need to switch to eco-friendly celebrations
Lakes, rivers, and seas are a sight the day after visarjan, with numerous floating statues – most commonly made of Plaster of Paris, thermacol, and other non-biodegradable materials. As many as 150,000 statues are immersed in Mumbai alone
Ganesh Chaturthi is a festival which is celebrated all over India to worship Lord Ganesh, is becoming more eco-friendly nowadays. Generally, Ganesh murtis are made of Plaster of Paris, are immersed in water after Ganesh Chaturthi, which harms the water bodies. Many of the people are practicing the eco-friendly Idol during Ganesh Chaturthi.
Eco-friendly Ganesh Murtis are made of organic soil/mud, natural colors. Why should you use eco-friendly Ganesh idols? Being responsible citizens we can accomplish something for our environment Plaster of Paris is non-biodegradable made of poisons and unsafe colors and it severely pollutes the sea-going life and water bodies. To spare and secure our nature, we should hold hands and do our bit, and go for eco-friendly items.
Numerous campaigns are performed to make awareness on conserving the environment through different mediums.
The following are the significance of utilizing eco-accommodating Ganesh Murtis
1) It Saves Our Water Resources: As stated before, Ganesh Chaturthi is celebrated by immersing Ganesh murtis in water. Idols made of Plaster of Paris are non-biodegradable and it will contaminate water by killing the sea-going lives and expanding the corrosive substance of the water. While eco-friendly idols are degradable and they won’t hurt any living creatures in the water.
2) It Protects Human Health: One of the main aspects of why you should use eco-friendly Ganesh Idols is that with unclean and dirty water, people will get infected with dangerous elements. Plaster of Paris and other harmful colors can cause health problems. By worshiping Eco-friendly Idols which are made of organic soil can solve this problem It Helps Avoid Food Poisoning, A Major Concern: If you are a non-vegan, be wary of having fish after this celebration. The components used to design Lord Ganesh contain various metals that pollute the water. Be that as it may, in eco-accommodating Ganesh Idols, while in eco-friendly Idols there are no such poisonous elements are used.
3) Fake diamonds and glitters: There are numerous sparkles and metals used to make Ganesh Murtis that are harmful to the body when it interacts with it. This can cause allergy and other health problems due to the presence of chemicals. While Eco-friendly Ganesh Idols are not made with any such sparkles.
4) Eco-friendly is easy to make: If you want a Ganesh Idol made of Plaster of Paris, you may need to rely upon the sculptor. in the case of eco-friendly idols, you can make one yourself with the help of your family members. It spreads more satisfaction and congruity in the family and among the individuals from the family. The family bond is one of the significant factors of bringing home an eco-friendly idol
5) It is Easily Available: Why you should use eco-friendly Ganesh Idols? Indeed, the answer is simple. Eco-friendly murti can be made with things that are effectively accessible at home. With the increase in the number of people who support or love the environment, eco-friendly Ganesh idols are easily available in the market as well. Along these lines, have a favored eco-friendly Ganesh Chaturthi by bringing eco-friendly Ganesh idols and conserving nature with going green every Ganesh Chaturthi
6) How to recognize Eco-friendly Idols: Plaster of Paris Idols are almost very lighter in weight and painted with toxic and shiny colors. while eco-friendly murti is heavier in weight and natural color are been used to paint them which will help to keep our water bodies clean even after Ganesh Chaturthi.